Career Description - CPA / EA
We are currently seeking a full-time Certified Public Accountant / Enrolled Agent who is interested in an opportunity for growth and advancement in their professional career. We are a successful CPA firm with offices in Algona and Bancroft, Iowa. We take pride in building lifelong relationships with our clients and we are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to add to our team.
Our firm recognizes the importance of work/life balance and, accordingly, do not expect the extreme work commitment experienced at some firms. Therefore, we offer a flexible schedule including Fridays off during June, July, and August.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare business and personal income tax returns
- Assist with Financial Statements (review and compilations)
- Review payroll and sales tax returns
- Advise clients regarding the tax laws
- Maintain and build new client relationships
- Uphold the excellent reputation of our firm
- Maintain communication with IRS, State Agencies, and our clients
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) license in good standing
- At least two years of public accounting experience with business and personal tax experience is preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Ultra Tax CS and the Professional Suite would also be beneficial
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Able to work independently with minimal direction, but not afraid to ask questions when needed
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package (vacation, medical plan, retirement plan, and more) with an opportunity for continued financial growth and professional advancement. If you're looking for the benefits of a local growing CPA firm where your voice will be heard, your contributions valued, and your abilities challenged, send us your resume.